The St Kilda Botanical Gardens are bounded by Blessington, Herbert, Dickens and Tennyson Streets, St Kilda.The Gardens were first established in the 1860s and have a rich and colorful history.The Friends of the St Kilda Botanic Gardens Inc was established to sustain the bond between the St Kilda Botanical Gardens and surrounding community. Projects include maintenance and restoration of these heritage gardens by encouraging community members to become involved in the gardens and participate in activities including hands-on gardening, social events, skills building, fund-raising and advocacy.
Friends of St Kilda Botanical Gardens Inc
PO Box 1089, Elwood 3184
ABN 62 900 698 746
Registered Association A0043057C
For further information about the Friends of the St Kilda Botanical Gardens please contact the convenor on
0428 346 457.
The glasshouses are usually open Saturday 3-5pm (unless our busybees have other commitments or the weather is terrible).